Ali is currently turning the pages of...

The English Patient

Thursday, November 5, 2009

Quarter 1 Reflection/Quarter 2 Goals

After looking over all my blogs since the beginning of this quarter I have noticed that I usually discuss more about the book's/author's writing style than the plot, which I mostly give a brief but informative synopsis of. In the majority of my blogs I included quotes that I particularly liked from the books or thought showed evidence of a repeated theme. I also realized that I often like to compare the books I have read to other books or even different types of media such as movies or television shows. The book blogging experience is a very unique one; it is different than just writing a summary of your independent reading book because it allows you to really include your specific take and perspective on the literature, which I quite enjoyed because of being able to voice my own true opinion.
As a blogger I would like to accomplish gaining a greater understanding of the books I have read and will read through my blog by perhaps asking questions I have about the book or character's actions to help me grasp main points and maybe get some advice from anyone who might become a follower of the blog. I could probably work on making my blog a little clearer and including more about the plot and characters in my entries for the next quarter. I have found that if I am blogging about a book I really enjoyed then I tend to be very interested in what I have to say, however not so much if I have to blog about a book I didn't quite like as much. I might feel differently about these books if I looked for more positives while writing my blogs. Overall I enjoyed writing independent reading blogs for the first quarter and am excited to continue it for the next marking period.

No comments:

Post a Comment